Friday, October 5, 2007

Elder Johnson's First Letter in the MTC!

Oi Moms and Pops!

Day One...CAKE! Remember how everyone kept asking if I was nervous and I said no? I wasn't lying. This is just an extended version of Nauvoo. I wish I could remember everything that happened, but they crammed so much info down my throat...I already forgot my first name! So I will do my best.

After you left me I went into a room where they gave me some stuff and took my picture. Then they sent me to get flu shots, where I was placed in the wrong room/like three times! When I finally got it, and a sucker, I went to the bookstore where I got MORE stuff and searched the world for my room. I found it and met my companion, Elder Bean, from New Jersey. He's pretty kewl and quiet (underlined because that defines him). I'm in a room of four, all going to Nicaragua.

Let's see...we had an hour to unpack, which took fifteen minutes, then we explored. We went to some mission orientation (in which I fell asleep on and off briefly) and then dinner! Dinner was YUM. I saw Elder Bostwick...WOW! He is so animated, excited, happy, and spiritual. I never saw him without a smile or not speaking Spanish! Totally missed him last month.

Then we had a couple of hour Branch - Zone orientation meeting, a tour, and came home to our room. I started my journal and this letter but we were attacked (welcomed) by all the ancient (1-8 week residents) missionaries. And now this...

I sleep at 10:30pm and wake up at 6:00am. You probably (mom and dad) are giggling at every sentence - I'm glad I could give you some cheer! Sleep well, I'm alive, and this letter isn't that exciting so you don't have to share it with the ward or elders quorum or anyone outside our family. (Our family includes Thomas, Chandler, Marcus, Aaron, Reshea, etc...)

Goodnight & I Love you,

Elder Johnson

0 comments: