Monday, December 17, 2007

Another Letter from Nicaragua

Tell Mom I’m sorry but I’m only going to write one letter to the both of you. I just don’t have time! 45 minutes is not enough time to write to everyone I want.

Ok... now for what is happening here...

Tuesday we did a division and I was with Elder Canizales. He reminds me of Elder Neel. I think he is from Guatemala. Only Spanish. We walked and contacted a bunch of people and he stayed the night.

Wednesday the Pres. called and said we couldn’t leave the house. So we waited and stayed in the house, I read all day, until around 3, when Elder Sauceda returned.

Thursday, I don’t remember.

Friday we walked to another part of our area called Cuidadela. Its far. But, on the way, Elder Sauceda and I kept being chased by a drunk guy. It was a little scary, cause it was in the middle of nowhere, but really funny. He caught up with us and started asking us questions about the church and trying to bible bash with us. There are a lot of drunk guys here.

Saturday I had my first baptism. I have pictures but I forgot my chord to plug into the computer so I will try to send a picture next week, hopefully. He is a little kid named Oscar. It was fun. Afterwards our district invited all the neighbor kids to a soccer game and Elder Sauceda asked who wants to be baptized! We got thirty references for families. Loco.

This week we have ten baptisms lined up. I hope they work out. The Spanish is coming along I guess. I understand what each conversation is about and where its going, but when someone asks me a question I am lost. I understand the topic and sort of what they are asking but its hard. And I can’t speak worth monkey. Hopefully soon. I keep trying and praying.

Yep. I would have to say the thing I miss most of all is a working warm shower. Nolan and Nick used to complain about our bathroom... HAHAHAHA! They would freak if they saw ours. I don’t think its ever been washed, and I wouldn’t even try. I might turn into a mutant if I did.

Oh yeah! The night Canizales was here, there was a HUGE scorpion above my bed! It was like the size of my hand! I got a picture. Canizales killed it with his shoe. Freaky.

Today the Pres. cancelled P-Day. We are only allowed to email and write. Its crazy. Its cause he has a goal to get a thousand baptisms this month. I think that’s a huge problem with this mission. Everyone is worried about baptisms and not focusing on what happens after. As soon as I can communicate, I’m going to work on that. I want to make sure the members are truly committed. I don’t want baptisms if they don’t count for anything. And that’s a big thing here. Yeesh. Especially with Sauceda. He is a baptism freak. He really doesn’t care about the inactive members. I really want to speak Spanish...

Cambios, changes, are halfway through January. I only get a few more weeks with Sauceda. Sad huh! He thinks I’m going to be transferred to the office or become an AP before the end of his mission. Ha. Yikes. I don’t want to drive. Its nuts here.

Anywho, I’m gonna go. Much love and be good!

Elder Johnson

PS- I think I said that the little kid is my friend was Jorge or something in my last letter. Just to make sure, his name is Jose Luis. And his family feeds me too much. Yikes...

Elder Johnson

Nicaragua, Managua Mission

0 comments: