Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Letter from Nicaragua on September 8, 2008


I think I'm gonna freak! This is the first week no one, not even my family, has written me...
I wrote you last week, you received it right? Im hoping you didn't not write me as punishment for a letter you didnt receive that I sent?

Maybe you are all just busy...

Anywho, whatever. Im forgiving. And patient. And a little bit hungry at the moment. So... lemme give you a grand detailed newsclip of the junk that has been going on here.

I'm with my new Nica son, Elder Guillen. He is very excited to be a missionary. I love the wide variety of strange comps the Lord sends me. It sure makes me handle people well. Im really hating this computer. It is doing some weird things on me.

I baptized Saturday. His name is Eddy. He is super poor and super humble and has a bunch of sicknesses. Man, I have learned so much here. Hey, brothers... dont follow my bad example. Be a better missionary than I am being. I had that meeting with Elder Clarke from the 70 last week and I made a choice to make my second year in the mission kick trash. Too bad I hadn't made that decision the first year. I would blame it on my horrible trainer, Sauceda, but I'm not gonna. I had excuses. The people here give me enough of them as it is. I aint gonna make the same mistake!

So I am sorta dissapointed that no one has written me. Seriously, I'm gonna be depressed the rest of the day. I heard that the family and friends stop writing you once you reach the midpoint of your mission, but i told the others that that would be impossible with my family. They love me! Prove me honest.

So we were fasting yesterday and had a great temptation. Suddenly a ton of memories of mom´s homemade cooking jumped in my head. Lasagna, Spaghetti, cinnamon rolls, cookies.... pizza! I went nuts.

We found some great people this week that are all ready for the water. One is Benjamin. He is some guy that was walking down his sidewalk and found the book of mormon in the gutter, missing the front pages and cover. It was opened to the picture of Christ visiting the Americas and caught his interest. In two days he finished second Nephi and saw us walking down the street. He called us over and we started teaching him. Now he is finishing Alma. He would be baptized this Saturday, but he has two problems... he isnt married and he smokes. So we are working on that.

Well, Im heading out. I hope you write me back soon! I dont wanna freak out again next week.

Love you,

Elder Johnson

0 comments: