Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 29, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Changes...

As usual, good news and horrible news...

Good news, I had changes. That’s right, I have finally left Lezcano...

BAD news........ I’ve been promoted....

IM ZONE LEADER!

I know, I don’t know why either. Ha-ha! I freaked. That’s a huge boulder just placed on my weak shoulders. But hey, its a chance to grow, learn, change, sweat and bleed more, cry, love, hate, and see the letters in the zone before everyone else. I get to talk with the president like three times a week... that scares the crap out of me. Ha! I have more respect and fear for that man than any other person living on the earth.

Im good though. I feel like its a challenge and its opened my eyes. I feel renewed and full of energy. I’m in Leon, supposed to be the hottest area in all of Nicaragua.

My comp is Elder Martinez from Honduras. He’s really cool and he is a great master teacher. But he doesn’t let me teach much. He is so focused sometimes he forgets I’m there. That’s good though. I’m learning a lot from him.

The house is kewl. I’m bucket bathing again. The shower doesn’t work. But the best news I got is Elder Haddock that came with me from the MTC is here!!!! I’m his ZL! Yea! I love that kid.

No one else that came with me has bumped up. Haddock and Bean are still DLs and Barnes is only senior comp. I feel humbled and confused, but I guess the Lord knows what he’s doing... I don’t, but that’s ok.

The foods good. I love the members and its only been a few days. We have organized a sweet battalion of like forty members to help us bring people to church. It’s awesome and working! I expect to be here in this position a long time....

Its changed everything about the mission. Suddenly things are more realistic and I feel better. I hate the idea of being a leader and I always have, but I’m here to serve and I will serve well.

I received the grandma and grandpa package a long time ago. Didn’t I ask you like a month ago to thank them for me? If not, thank them. I loved it and so did my comp. It was gone within the hour! I LOVE YOU GM AND GP!

I love you all. Know that I am doing better and getting in line. I feel so much better here....
And I only have a year left. Hehe! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Elder Johnson
Nicaragua, Managua Mission

0 comments: